Thursday, January 5, 2012

I love old windows!

I started fixing up old windows about 4 years ago with two windows from the Fox family farm. A couple years later I got 2 more and just about a month or so ago I hit the jackpot with two different friends who have tons of them and told me to help myself. So enjoy the pictures! I so enjoyed working on them and have many more to share in time...they're are still in progress :)
two old window before

 THis one i made just for my family. Mike and i got married in 2005. Eventually it will hang in our breezeway...just got to get the hooks on it :)

Before the paint...i like the old rusted hinges..it even has an old eye hook on it

Layer 1, cream, then i put a coat of crackle paint over it then in the next picture you'll see the sage green finish. It turned out great.

The red window you see was one of my first windows. The glass was broken out of a couple so a broke out all the glass and hung dried flowers from it. Then you see the finished green window and then my family window.

This was an order i did for a family that wanted one for their daughter and son in law. The lady said to do whatever i wanted (which is hard since i don't know what the colors of their house are). I used black and then crackled painted white over it.

My breezeway. Notice the green window? I hung a little wreath from the hook.

I also love old ladders and mason jars. ANd if you notice that is a twine wrapped vase...but that is for another post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment